In alignment with VCH goals of health system redesign, our PHC Translational Simulation Program has been granted funding to promote physician engagement in simulation. This funding is available to any PHC physicians taking time away from their usual work to participate in or lead (designing, facilitating, evaluating) simulations.
GOALS OF VCH HEALTH SYSTEM REDESIGN FUNDING
- Improve primary and community care,
- Reduce waitlists and expand capacity for surgical services,
- Improve information management,
- Recruitment and training,
- Promote positive organizational culture.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- PHC physicians who are facilitating and/or participating in simulation sessions, who are not being remunerated for that time in some other way.
HOW TO APPLY?
- The funding is based on an hourly rate, and it is available till March 2025.
- Physicians will need to complete the “One-time physician information” form to set up your details with the Simulation Program (including direct deposit through VCH) using this link.
- Physician attendance at simulations will need to be logged and submitted on the “Physician Sign-in Sheet” and submitted to Malavika Menon after the sessions are complete.
- To learn more on how to book a simulation (simulator/lab), please use this link.
For more information on the funding procedure, please contact Malavika Menon.
Resources such as the direct deposit form can be found in the Tools + Education page.